About Babak Azizzadeh MD FACS
Dr. Babak Azizzadeh, Chairman and Director of the Center for Advanced Facial Plastic Surgery, is one of the leading international experts in facial plastic surgery. His expertise in cosmetic and reconstructive plastic surgery has made him one of the most sought-after physicians.
Dr. Azizzadeh’s client list not only includes celebrities, executives, physicians and dignitaries from around the world, but also amazing people from all walks of life.
He has been featured in The Oprah Winfrey Show, People Magazine, New York Times, Discovery Health, Los Angeles Times, Beverly Hills Courier and numerous other media outlets for his expertise in facial plastic surgery.
Dr. Azizzadeh is one of a select group of surgeons who are double board-certified by the American Board of Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery as well as the American Board of Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery. His plastic surgery colleagues chose him as one of the Top Doctors in 2009 and 2010.
After graduating from the UCLA School of Medicine with highest honors, Dr. Azizzadeh completed a prestigious six-year residency program in Head and Neck Surgery / Facial Plastic Surgery at UCLA Center for Health Sciences. He then completed a sub-specialized fellowship in Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery at Harvard Medical School which was offered to only one surgeon.
After serving as a Clinical Instructor at Harvard Medical School, Dr. Azizzadeh returned to California and became an assistant clinical professor of surgery at UCLA and attending facial plastic surgeon at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center. He is also the co-director of the facial plastic & reconstructive surgery fellowship program at Keck School of Medicine at USC and co-chairman of the Cedars-Sinai’s annual Advances in Multispecialty Aesthetic and Reconstructive Surgery Symposium.
For the past two decades, Dr. Azizzadeh has been actively engaged in clinical research helping to advance the field of facial plastic surgery. At UCLA, Dr. Azizzadeh collaborated with Nobel Laureate, Dr. Louis Ignarro, in evaluating the role of nitric oxide in facial plastic surgery. Currently, he is the principle investigator of a stem cell/facial nerve regeneration project at Cedars-Sinai’s Regenerative Medical Institute and Co-Director of the Multispecialty Aesthetic Clinical Research Organization (MACRO) where he has ongoing clinical trials in facial rejuvenation and rhinoplasty.
Dr. Azizzadeh has published numerous textbooks and peer-reviewed articles, received many honors and awards as well as presented at the national and international level. He is the author of the best-selling consumer book Beverly Hills Beauty Secrets as well as the lead editor of four medical textbooks that are used by medical schools and residency programs to train up-and-coming plastic surgeons (Master Techniques in Facial Rejuvenation, Master Techniques in Rhinoplasty, Master Techniques in Blepharoplasty, Facial Nerve).
Due to his unique expertise and cutting-edge research endeavors, Dr. Azizzadeh is frequently called upon by his plastic surgery, ENT and dermatology colleagues to treat their most complex patients and revise their unsatisfactory outcome.
In addition to his busy surgical practice, Dr. Azizzadeh has also been actively involved in several humanitarian organizations in 3rd world countries as well as locally at the Los Angeles Free Clinic. He is the founder and Director of the Facial Paralysis & Bell’s Palsy Foundation – a non-profit organization dedicated to advancing research in facial nerve disorders and providing pro-bono surgery. He is the West Coast Surgical Coordinator for Medical Missions for Children, and understands the importance of treating those members of the community who are unable to obtain healthcare on their own. Dr. Azizzadeh is also a member of the Reconstructive Surgery Team of the ROSE Fund, a national non-profit organization committed to ending violence against women and children, and works with the Global Smile Foundation, traveling to third-world countries treating children with clef lip and craniofacial deformities. In 2010 he obtained the Compassionate Doctor recognition from Vitals.com.
“My volunteer work balances my Beverly Hills practice with those of us who are not as fortunate” – Dr Azizzadeh
- Facial paralysis & Bells Palsy Foundation, Founder and President
- Global Smile Foundation, Craniofacial Reconstruction Team Member
- Operation of Hope, Craniofacial Team Member
- R.O.S.E. Fund, Regaining One’s Self-Esteem, Reconstructive Surgery Program Participant
- Face to Face, Facial Plastic Surgery’s Homeland Response Team Member
- Los Angeles Free Clinic, Physician Participant for Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- UCLA Flying Samaritans, Founder and President, Build Medical Clinics in Rural Mexico
Double Board Certified
- American Board of Facial Plastic Reconstructive Surgery
- American Board of Otolaryngology
- Co-Director, Facial Plastic Surgery Fellowship at USC School of Medicine
- Assistant Clinical Professor of Surgery, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA
- Co-Director, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center’s annual Advances in Multi-Speciality Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery Symposium
Surgical Training and Education
- Graduated Summa Cum Laude from UCLA and at the top of his class with Alpha Omega Alpha honors from UCLA School of Medicine
- Completed his Facial Plastic Surgery fellowship at Harvard Medical School
Author of numerous books:
- Master Techniques in Rhinoplasty and Nasal Reconstruction
- Master Techniques in Blepharoplasty and Periorbital Rejuvenation
- Master Techniques in Facial Nerve
Member of multiple professional societies:
- American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- American Academy of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons
- American Medical Association
- California Society of Facial Plastic Surgery
- California Medical Association
- Los Angeles County Medical Association
- Los Angeles Society of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society
- Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society
- Sir Charles Bell Society
Honors and Awards
- Humanitarian Award Recipient – Operation of Hope
- UCLA Outstanding Resident Teaching Award
- Division of Head and Neck Surgery Chief Resident
- American Academy of Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
- Resident Research Award
- Resident Travel Award @ the 60th Annual AAOA Meeting
- Resident Travel Award @ the Triological Society Meeting
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society
- UCLA Medical Student Thesis Program
- Summa Cum Laude, Phi Beta Kappa
- The David Saxon Distinguished Phi Beta Kappa Award
- Microbiology & Molecular Genetics Honors Thesis
- UCLA Undergraduate Summer Research Award
- Undergraduate Dean’s Honor List
- College of Letters & Science Honors
- Golden Key National Honor Society
- Eta Sigma Honor Society
Due to his wealth of experience, Dr Azizzadeh is one the:
- Sterring Committee for Medscape/WebMD Advances in Beauty
- Sanofi Aventis Medical Education Faculty
- Radiesse Medical Education Faculty
- Myoscience Physician Advisory Board
- Mentor Physician Advisory Board
Check out Dr. Azizzadeh’s full Curriculum Vitae.
TRUST YOUR FACE TO AN EXPERT!
Learn more about Dr. Azizzadeh and our Center
Contact Dr. Azizzadeh today if you live in the Beverly Hills or Los Angeles, California area and would like to schedule a consultation.
Next, check out our photo gallery.