Cosmetic Treatments by Age
No matter what age we are, we always want to look our best. There is no way to stop the natural aging process, but with today’s cosmetic and plastic
Cosmetic Treatments by Age
No matter what age we are, we always want to look our best. There is no way to stop the natural aging process, but with today’s cosmetic and plastic surgery treatments we can slow it down and, in some cases, even reverse the signs of aging.
In your 20s you should be establishing good skincare habits, like applying sunscreen daily to prevent sun damage and future age spots. It is also important to protect the skin around your eyes. Wearing sunscreen and sunglasses during the day and using a good eye cream at night will help prevent wrinkles around your eyes, crow’s feet, from forming. Some good treatments for skin in its 20s include:
- Light peels or microdermabrasion to smooth the skin’s surface and improve skin tone.
- Botox injections as part of an aging prevention regimen.
In your 30s is generally when most women start seeing visible signs of aging, including fine lines, color issues and skin laxity. You might need to consider using higher quality skincare products with antioxidants and vitamin-A to help reduce any visible wrinkles. In addition to a good skincare routine, you may want to consider the following non-invasive cosmetic treatments to rejuvenate your appearance:
- Botox is one of the most effective ways to reverse the signs of aging by minimizing expression lines like crow’s feed or forehead furrows.
- Filler injections to add volume back to your face.
- Ulthera skin tightening is another great nonsurgical option for women in their 30s who want to tighten loose skin on their face, neck and brow area.
- Laser treatments to improve the tone and texture of skin and decrease the appearance of sun damage and brown spots.
For many women in their 40s, the fine lines they had in their 30s become deeper wrinkles, upper and lower eyelids begin to sag and vertical lines begin to deepen around the mouth. In your 40s you will want to maintain an antioxidant rich skin care routine and the noninvasive cosmetic treatments like Botox, fillers, Ulthera and laser treatments. Additionally, you may want to consider the following treatments:
- Conservative eyelid surgery, or blepharoplasty, to lift the eyes for a more youthful, well-rested appearance.
- Sculptra injections to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and add volume to your face by stimulating your own collagen growth.
The 50s is when the face really begins to reflect a woman’s maturity. There is no reason to worry though, as there are many treatments to help you achieve the naturally youthful look you desire. The best treatment for women in their 50s include:
- Fillers (Juvederm, Radiesse, Restylane and Sculptra) to plump up deeper folds like marionette lines, nasolabial folds and eye hollows.
- Botox injections will continue to help prevent the formation of new wrinkles.
- Fractional laser resurfacing to erase wrinkles around your mouth, eyes and forehead.
- Blepharoplasty, or eyelid surgery, to lift sagging eyelids.
- Mid facelift to address hollowing under the eyes and to improve the position of the nasolabial folds.
- Lower facelift to improve a sagging jawline.
- Facial liposuction is an effective option for eliminating signs of aging such as sagging jowls, bags under the eyes or a double chin.
- Deep chemical peel to improve skin tone and make your face glow.
In you 60s and beyond you can continue noninvasive cosmetic treatments, but if you want to take years off of your face, you should consider surgical procedures. Dr. Azizzadeh specializes in facial plastic surgery procedures that will benefit women in their 60s, including:
- Advanced facelift techniques to rejuvenate and lift your face with natural results.
- Brow and forehead lifts to elevate drooping brows and reduce forehead wrinkles.
- Rhinoplasty to combat an elongated and drooping nose as a result of aging. Many individuals will look younger by simply improving the aesthetic of the nose.
No matter how old you are there are many things you and Dr. Azizzadeh can do to revitalize your appearance and to make sure you look your best!
<fb:comments href=”<?php echo JURI::current(); ?>”></fb:comments>