Beyond The Basics: Questions To Ask During Your Facelift Consultation
The consultation with your surgeon prior to a facelift is a very integral part of the surgery process. During the consultation you have a chance to ask the doctor all of your questions. Furthermore, your facial plastic surgeon is able to ask you what your goals are for the facelift so that he can deliver the results you want.
Most patients know to ask the basic questions about a facelift like:
- Am I good candidate for a facelift?
- How long will the results of my facelift last?
- Will it be obvious I had a facelift?
- What are the different types of facelift?
- How long will it take to recover from facelift surgery?
- How much does a facelift cost?
While these questions definitely need to be asked, there are other questions you should be asking your facial plastic surgeon as well. Here are some questions to ask that do not typically come up in a consultation, but really should be addressed:
- How will you ensure that my hairline matches up behind my ear after my facelift?
- Do you use minimally invasive techniques so my scars are as small as possible?
- Will you us a pre-tragal or post-tragal incision for my facelift?
- Will the smoker’s lines around my mouth be improved with my facelift?
- Will a facelift fix my jowls or will I need to have a necklift as well?
- Will I still need to get filler injections after I have a facelift?
- Will my drooping upper eyelids be lifted with my facelift?
- How do you approach male facelifts so that my results are masculine?
- Does my ethnicity make a difference in how you perform my facelift?
Not only will these questions give you better insight into your surgeon’s skill and facelift philosophy, but they will also give your doctor a better idea of what issues concern you the most. An experienced facelift surgeon will be able to answer all of these questions for you.
In addition to asking questions, you should ask to see before and after pictures of patients who had similar aging issues to you. For example, if you are a male, ask to see male before and after facelift pictures. Or if your lower face is your biggest concern, ask to see pictures of patients who had big improvements made to their lower face and jawline.
If you are considering a Beverly Hills facelift, schedule a consultation with Dr. Azizzadeh so he can answer all of your questions!