10 Questions to Ask During Rhinoplasty Consultation
Rhinoplasty is one of today’s most commonly performed cosmetic procedures. While this surgery may be popular, it is important to carefully consider all aspects of the procedure before deciding if it is right for you. Asking your rhinoplasty surgeon the right questions can dramatically improve your chances of having a good experience and help you achieve the results you want.
Any plastic surgery procedure requires a consultation. It is no different with rhinoplasty. During the consultation you have a chance to ask the doctor all of your questions. Furthermore, your facial plastic surgeon is able to ask you what your goals are for the rhinoplasty so that he/she can deliver the results you want. With all doubts cleared, you will feel more comfortable before the rhinoplasty procedure.
Most patients know to ask the basic questions about a rhinoplasty, which is great. But there are other questions you should be asking your facial plastic surgeon as well. Here are 10 questions to ask that do not typically come up in a consultation, but really should be addressed:
- How many rhinoplasty surgeries have you performed?
- Do you use minimally invasive techniques to reduce scarring?
- How many revisions of your own work, on average, do you have to perform?
- May I speak with any of the patients who have had a rhinoplasty with you?
- If my results are not what I wanted, what is your policy on a revision?
- Does my ethnicity make a difference in how you perform my rhinoplasty?
- May I see before and after pictures of patients who had a similar nose to mine?
- How do you approach my male rhinoplasty so my results are masculine?
- Do you treat teenage rhinoplasty patients different than adults?
- How long after my original rhinoplasty surgery can I have revision rhinoplasty?
These questions will give you better insight, while helping the doctor better understand what issues concern you the most. An experienced rhinoplasty surgeon will be able to answer all of these questions for you.
If you are considering a Beverly Hills facelift, schedule a consultation with Dr. Azizzadeh by calling (310) 657-2203 today!