There are many causes of facial deformity, ranging from disease to trauma. These deformities leave patients with functional and aesthetic damage. At the CENTER for Advanced Facial Plastic Surgery, Dr. Jonathan Cabin and Dr. Babak Azizzadeh take great pride in being able to restore a patient’s facial features.
Through various facial plastic reconstructive surgery techniques, Drs. Cabin and Azizzadeh can repair a patient’s face, whether it be a functional issue or a cosmetic issue. There are a number of reasons why a face may become damaged, including:
- Congenital defect
Dr. Cabin and Dr. Azizzadeh specialize in following facial reconstruction treatments:
- Facial paralysis: Occurs when a person is no longer able to move some or all of the muscles on one side of their face. Learn more about Facial Paralysis.
- Bell’s palsy: A disorder of the nerve that controls movement of the muscles in the face, paralyzing facial expression functions. Learn more about Bell’s Palsy.
- Face and neck reconstruction: Head and neck reconstructive surgery after facial trauma or cancer surgery to improve both functional and cosmetic issues can be extremely complex. Learn more about Face and Neck Reconstructive Surgery.
- Facial fracture and trauma: Any physical trauma to the face, including fractures of facial bones and soft tissue injuries. Learn more about Facial Fracture and Trauma.
- Nasal reconstruction: Reconstructive surgery to correct both functional and aesthetic issues.
- Otoplasty ear shaping: Relatively minor surgery to minimize the appearance of oversized or protruding ears. Learn more about Otoplasty.
- Skin cancer reconstruction: Whether skin reconstruction is part of a cancer treatment or a follow-up procedure to lessen the cosmetic damage caused by cancer treatments, there are a variety of reconstructive surgery options to improve your facial appearance after skin cancer. Dr. Cabin and Dr. Azizzadeh can utilize a variety of techniques to successfully remove cancerous skin, including curettage and electrodessication, cryosurgery, laser therapy, radiation and topical chemotherapy. Learn more about Skin Cancer Reconstruction.
- Skin cancer scar revision: Many skin cancer removal procedures leave patients with unsightly scars. Our team of facial reconstruction experts can perform scar revision procedures to reduce the appearance of scarring.
- Full facial reconstruction: Since there are several reasons a patient may need to undergo facial reconstruction, there area variety of surgical procedures that Dr. Cabin and Dr. Azizzadeh can use to help you restore your facial appearance. Operations include major head and neck cancer reconstruction, microvascular free flap reconstruction, major maxillofacial trauma reconstruction and facial paralysis reconstruction and reanimation using free tissue transfer. Learn more about Full Facial Reconstruction.
- Migraine treatments: Botox can be used to prevent chronic migraine headaches in adults. To treat migraines, the Botox is injected into specific areas of the head and neck. Depending on the severity of the condition, benefits of the injections can last between 3 – 6 months. If Botox helps to reduce or eliminate your migraine pain, then you may be a candidate for the revolutionary migraine surgery with Dr. Cabin. If you suffer from frequent, debilitating migraines, you should schedule an appointment with Dr. Cabin so he can provide you with a stronger solution than over-the-counter headache treatments. Learn more about Migraine Treatments.
Facial paralysis reconstruction
Are you suffering from a facial deformity? See if you are a candidate for facial reconstruction surgery with Dr. Cabin and Dr. Azizzadeh.
Facial Reconstruction Videos
Watch Dr. Azizzadeh discuss facial reconstruction surgery
Dr. Azizzadeh performs facial reconstructive surgery on The Doctors TV-Show
In the last ten years there have been major advances in facial reconstruction surgery. Most procedures are incredibly complex and time-consuming. They often require the transfer of bone and tissue from other regions of the body, through microscopic attachment of arteries, veins and nerves, in order to restore normal functions and aesthetics. These microsurgical procedures require extensive training and expertise, and typically require a dynamic team of surgeons.
Dr. Azizzadeh is a member of the Cedars-Sinai Comprehensive Head and Neck Cancer Center, where he works with several head and neck surgeons in order to provide state of the art reconstructive surgical management for complex facial deformities. Additionally, he is a clinical faculty member at the UCLA School of Medicine and is actively involved in teaching facial plastic and microvascular reconstruction to residents and fellows. His extensive knowledge of facial deformities and reconstruction has allowed him to publish numerous articles and present at the nation and international level. Dr. Azizzadeh is also the author of several books highlighting various facial plastic procedures and rejuvenation techniques.
Please contact the CENTER for Advanced Facial Plastic Surgery to schedule a facial reconstruction consultation.
Meet Our Surgeons
Jonathan Cabin, MD
Dr. Jonathan Cabin is a board certified facial plastic surgeon with dual sub-specialty training in facial plastic and reconstructive surgery. After his training at Yale, Dr. Cabin went on to complete an elite Facial Plastic Surgery fellowship, offered to only one surgeon each year. Dr. Cabin’s extensive knowledge and keen eye for aesthetics make him one of the most sought after physicians in Los Angeles. Dr. Cabin has published multiple textbook chapters and peer review articles and continues to contribute to the field through his philanthropic trips to treat patients in Peru and China.
Babak Azizzadeh, MD, FACS
Dr. Azizzadeh is world renowned facial plastic surgeon who is double board certified by the American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and The American Board of Otolaryngology- Head and Neck Surgery. Dr. Azizzadeh has become widely regarded for his superior level of expertise and his contributions to the field of facial plastic surgery. His prestigious training at both UCLA and Harvard Medical School give him a unique insight into both facial function and aesthetics. Dr. Azizzadeh has written multiple textbooks including the popular consumer guidebook Beverly Hills Beauty Secrets and has been featured in a variety of media outlets like The Doctors, The Oprah Winfrey Show, and both the LA and NY Times.
It is important to have your facial reconstruction performed by an experienced facial plastic surgeon, not just any doctor. Contact Dr. Azizzadeh and Dr. Cabin today if you would like to schedule an initial consultation.